40 HOUR YIN TEACHER TRAINING
40 Hours Yoga Alliance Registered Certification | Yin Yoga
Who Would Benefit From This Training?
You don’t need to have the desire to teach, only to fully immerse yourself in yoga! This training will benefit teachers, practitioners and students alike, including: Sports Medicine Specialists, RMT’s, Thai Massage Practitioners, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Psychotherapists, Yoga Teachers, Yoga Students who aim to move more deeply into their practice, Energy Healers, Martial Artists, Athletes & Physicians. Yin Yoga Training is for Everyone!!!
This program is a unique opportunity to deepen your yoga practice and integrate the body and mind. Yin practice is becoming more and more popular as people discover its healing potential and how well it balances out a Yang style of practice (e.g. Hatha Yoga) by targeting the connective tissues (ligaments, tendons, joints, and fascia) of the hips, pelvis, and spine. In addition, Yin Yoga prepares both the body and mind for deeper experiences in meditation, something we all so very much need in today’s world.
Fall 2018 Dates:
September 8, 9
September 15, 16
Saturday 9 AM-6 PM
Sunday 9 AM-6 PM
Curriculum at a glance…
- Overview, background and lineage of Yin Yoga
- Poses, method of instruction, benefits and cautions of Yin postures
- Learning to sequence for both teaching a yin class or as a personal home practice
- Anatomy and the physical/mental benefits of Yin Yoga
- Introduction to the energetic meridians and how they apply to Yin Yoga
- Tension vs compression
- Sequencing for energetic benefits
- Sequencing for seasonal benefits
- Practise sequencing & teaching and feedback on teaching